Become a member organization
Recognizing the importance of bird conservation in Ohio, our organization endorses the conservation efforts of the Ohio Bird Conservation Initiative, and acknowledges the following principles are critical to effective bird conservation:
- Bird conservation depends upon the coordination of the diverse skills and resources of government agencies, private organizations, businesses, and all citizens who care for birds.
- Voluntary partnerships are essential for the effective delivery of integrated bird conservation.
- Bird conservation requires that attention be placed on the full array of wild bird species using a landscape approach that allows bird conservation to be integrated successfully into sustainable land-use patterns.
- Bird conservation will be based on the best available scientific information.
- Knowledge will be shared widely to encourage voluntary stewardship and further bird-based recreation.
On behalf of the members of the above-named organization, we hereby endorse the efforts of the Ohio Bird Conservation Initiative to protect, restore, and enhance the populations and habitats of Ohio’s wild birds. The Ohio Bird Conservation Initiative requires no formal commitment to any specific actions by any of its partners. It does require, however, a desire to deliver the full spectrum of bird conservation in Ohio through landscape-scale assessment and management, guided by sound science and using voluntary stewardship.