The Outreach and Education Committee is working to offer educational programming and outreach activities for OBCI members and the general public that increases awareness of conservation issues and beneficial habitat management practices for Ohio’s native birds, and promotes participation in bird-based recreation.
Educate OBCI partners and the public on bird conservation issues.
- Develop educational materials and host programs on bird ecology and conservation .
- Share existing educational materials on a variety of bird- related topics among OBCI’s partners.
Promote the work of OBCI and its committees to outside organizations and the public
- Ensure all OBCI outreach materials are clear, concise, and effective for a variety of audiences
- Interpret recommendations for conservation planning and habitat management developed by the Conservation Research and Planning Committee for a non-professional audience
Engage children and the public in bird conservation and recreation activities
- Connect the public with International Migratory Bird Day.
- Provide opportunities for students to be involved in outreach, research, or other activities related to birds.