The Conservation Planning and Research Committee is committed to providing scientific recommendations and expertise about bird and habitat conservation in Ohio. The committee includes scientists, professors, land managers, conservationists and concerned citizens. The Conservation Planning and Research Committee will identify research needs for the state, develop conservation planning, and promote collaborative projects through partnerships. Several members of this committee work with the Upper Mississippi River & Great Lakes Region Joint Venture and other Bird Conservation Regions on a regular basis.
- Maintain the All-bird Conservation Plan as a living document through updates, corrections, and additions as suggested by signatories, the coordinating council, and committee members.
- Improve the utility of the All-bird Conservation Plan as the guiding document of bird conservation in Ohio.
- Advance the implementation of the Ohio All-Bird Conservation Plan.
- Form sub-committees to target specific regions, habitat types, or conservation activities requiring additional committee attention.
- CPRC Meeting Minutes – December 2014
- CPRC Meeting Minutes – August 2014
- W. Lake Erie Basin Coordinated Management Sub-Committee Meeting Minutes – October 2012
- CPRC Meeting Minutes – September 2012
- CPRC Meeting Minutes – July 2012
- W. Lake Erie Basin Coordinated Management Sub-Committee Planning Meeting Minutes – July 2012
- CPRC Meeting Minutes – March 2012
- CPRC Meeting Minutes – February 2006
- CPRC Meeting Minutes – January 2006
- CPRC Meeting Minutes – March 2005
If you are interested in becoming a member of this committee or any other committee please contact Matthew Shumar, Program Coordinator.